On Friday, TVguide.com released an updated list of its Top 30 Cult Shows ever. In honor of the list, I’ve compiled my own Top 15 cult shows — these are the top cult shows that I’ve personally flipped out for.
Here’s my Top 15 list:
15. Star Trek — I grew up on the original series. Scotty was always my favorite character. I’ve seen all the subsequent series and all the movies.
14. Torchwood — Who doesn’t love Captain Jack Harkness? I was so happy when they gave him his own series.
13. Doctor Who — I don’t remember the older versions of this franchise, but the latest rendition is absolutely great.
12. Psych — Dule Hill and James Roday keep me in stitches with their fake psychic business and buddy friendship.
11. Monk — The escapades of USA’s favorite obsessive-compulsive detective are enough to make anyone feel normal by comparison.
10. Quantum Leap — I had a little crush on Scott Bakula and wouldn’t miss an episode of his time traveling adventures.
9. Friday Night Lights — You don’t have to love football to fall for the witty dialogue and great stories in this drama.
8. How I Met Your Mother — One word. Barney. He makes this show.
7. Eureka — You’ve just got to love this quirky little town of the brightest minds.
6. Battlestar Galactica — I barely remember the original, but the current version has me on the edge of my seat.
5. X-Files — My husband introduced this series to me when we were dating. We spent many Friday nights during our courtship curled up on the couch watch Scully and Mulder unravel a case. For that reason, this series will always have a special place in my heart.
4. Firefly — Joss Whedon has me begging for more exploits of Mal and the crew of the Serenity. A single season of this space cowboy adventure was not enough. Thank goodness for the movie and the comics.
3. Buffy the Vampire Slayer — Joss Whedon’s original television series kept me hooked all seven seasons and further if you count the comics. I loved to tune in each week to watch Buffy and the Scooby Gang save the world.
2. Angel — David Boreanaz is very easy on the eyes. I loved to watch the brooding vampire with a soul team up with Cordelia, Wes, Gunn and others to save the innocent. I even have the puppet Angel from “Smile Time.”
1. Supernatural — Currently my favorite show, I love to watch the good-looking brothers Dean (Jensen Ackles) and Sam (Jared Padelecki) battle urban legends and things that go bump in the night while driving the beautiful 1967 black Chevy Impala.
So now it’s your turn. What’s on your list?